okay fellow bloggers......I know many of you out there are runners and I am in need of some advice. I have officially registered for the Triple Crown (5K, 10K, and 10 miler) and this will be my first time running in an event. I'm not going for competition and great race times, just for personal reasons and goals. Anyway, what do you ladies do to prepare, keep motivated, or simply run that far. My biggest problem is simple. I just start getting bored. What do you ladies recommend?
3 comments:
Awesome Whitney!!! So I am officially registered too!!! I have the exact same problem with getting bored, no joke Mike and I were talking about this yesterday. Distance running is not my thing but I just want to finish all the races, so if you want to train some together that would be awesome!!! We can do 1 or 2 runs together per week, one at each persons place each week or just alternate weeks if its too much every week with your work schedule. Anyway, let me know I would love a running buddy that just wants to jog and not freaking race like Mike does!!! Let me know.
RUNNING BUDDIES!!! i run with a group every saturday morning. that's when i do my long runs. you are more than welcome to join us. also i run with my IPOD. keep your goal in mind and remember "run hard when it's hard to run!" running is so much a mental thing!! good luck!
I am the minority here, but I don't like running with others. I always feel like I am too slow and they will get frustrated with me, etc, so I actually did all of my half-marathon training last year alone...aside from a few runs with Scott, which is even more frustrating..haha! Some things that helped me were: music! Get the ipod stacked with songs that you can run to, I have a lot of songs on mine that have a beat similar to my pace, so I fun with the song. It REALLY helps. Compete against yourself. Have a way to track yourself: Nike+, Garmin, something and always try to better your time, distance, calorie burn, etc. That was my biggest motivator. And, if you are following a training plan, on the days that it says, 'run 3 or cardio' DO SOMETHING OTHER THAN RUN! That burned me out faster than anything else, and then I finally started doing other cardio on those days and then I didn't dread the running as much. Ride a bike, do intervals, go to an aerobics class, etc. And, honestly, the biggest thing for me was that I had said I was going to do it, I paid for it, I was doing it...no matter how much I didn't want to or how long it took me, I was going to do it. haha! You will do great, I know it! Good luck! :)
Post a Comment