Tuesday, December 21, 2010

GARTH!!!!!

In 1997 Garth finished his farewell tour and Charlie and I both had tickets. Unfortunately, neither of us got to go for one reason or another. Needless to say, we were still disappointed we missed the show 13 years after the fact. When I heard Garth was doing 9 shows in Nashville for the Tennessee flood relief, I immediately started shopping for tickets. I purchased two great seats for the Friday night show and gave them to Charlie as an early Christmas gift. We left early Friday and spent the afternoon in downtown Nashville checking out the saloons, aspiring talent, and shopping scene. Then, it was time for the show. Time has treated Garth's voice well! The concert was amazing!!!!! Charlie and I have been lucky enough to witness some great talent live in concert (Rolling Stones, Dave Matthews, Elton John, Bob Segar, Kenny, Pearl Jam, ect) and we both agree vocally Garth Brooks has everyone beat!!! It's incredible to see him live!! He's so passionate about putting on a great show too! He played for 3 hours and at one point we thought he was going to pass out from exhaustion! It was a great way to spend the weekend and Garth announced after his daughters graduate high school he will be touring again!!!
Showing off his skills
He had the crowd glued to the stage

Trisha stopped by.....this performance was unbelievable!!!

He really gets into it!

We had the best time!

The concert was filmed to broadcast overseas to the troops

16,000 seats X 9 shows with 100% going to charity = a lot of donations!


At the end of the show, Garth played acoustic for ~ 40 minutes and took audience requests....amazing!!!



It's not Garth without this song.....






1 comment:

The Harrell Family said...

It was an amazing concert!! Glad you guys had fun! I haven't had time to blog about it yet! :)