Thursday, December 2, 2010

LuCy!!!

If you keep up with my infrequent blog posts, you will remember that my cat Nala passed away in May from cancer. I absolutely L-O-V-E animals, especially cats, and ever since she has been gone, I've been feeling like something was missing. I have literally had a cat in my home since I was 5 years old. I looked and looked at shelters and online, and saw lots of cats that were adorable, but none stuck out to me. So, I just figured that when I came across the right cat I would know. Well, today, that happened! I wasn't even looking for a cat, just making a routine stop at PetSmart for dog food and Allie's Christmas present and I saw Lucy. It was cat love at first sight, haha!!! The shelter volunteer let me pet her and she was so loving and friendly, not shy at all! So, I filled out the paper work and now she is officially adopted and has a home for the holidays!! She is only ~ 9 months old by their estimates, so I think she is going to grow into a large adult. And so far, her and Allie are getting along well. If you're interested in adopting a cat/dog, please check out the local shelters. There are so many animals that would love to have a home and because they are no-kill shelters, they are very crowded. Lucy was "dropped off" at the shelter in early October and had been waiting for a home ever since....now she has one! Here is her glamour shot, ha!



2 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Awww!! That is so sweet!! She is so pretty! Congrats!

The Mac Pack said...

I cannot wait to meet her!